If you’re looking to freshen up your home, sometimes all it takes is a simple coat of paint to make the place look better. Many people prefer to hire professional painters for the job, but you have to keep in mind that this will cost more money. There is also another option – to do everything by yourself.
Here are some simple painting tips and tricks that will help make the job faster, cleaner, and more efficient.
1. Swiffer your walls before painting to remove dirt and grime.
2. Wipe excess paint off your brush on rubber band instead of getting paint on the trim.
Photo: Icon Flexpack
3. Cut out the side of a milk jug to create a perfect paint caddy. The bottom part will hold your paint and the opening will hold your paintbrush.
Photo: Rachel Schultz
4. Avoid painting screws/keyholes by covering them with Vaseline.
Photo: Sweet Pickins Furniture
5. Use an empty pringles can to store your wet paint roller in-between uses. For less of a mess, wrap in a plastic grocery bag before placing pain roller inside the pringles can.
Photo: Refunk My Junk
6. Use yogurt cups to catch paint drips.
Photo: This Old House
7. If you have run out of tape, just cut some long strips of newspaper and wet them. They will stick to windows and anything else you don’t want paint on. Simply peel off after you are done painting.